Business Transient Sales Manager
Portsmouth Corporate Financial Services in Portsmouth NH | Corporate, Full-time, Management | 48000 | Posted 9/20/2019
Location: Ocean Properties Northeast Sales Office, Portsmouth, NH
Position: Business Transient Sales Manager
Properties: Portland Marriott, Holiday Inn Express South Portland, Courtyard Portsmouth, Residence Inn Portsmouth
Ocean Properties is seeking an experienced Business Transient Sales Manager to represent several hotels in the greater Portland/Portsmouth market. This position will be responsible for growing existing accounts and adding new accounts that will ensure maximization of revenue in order to achieve budgeted goals. This individual must possess excellent organizational and communication skills, be aggressive in targeting new business, and maintain strong relationships with existing local and national accounts. This position requires strong sales skills in the Business Transient segment to include account penetration knowledge.
- Responsible for managing all Local Negotiated Rates/National Accounts
- Prospect for new transient business. Track all transient leads (including lost/turndown)
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet/exceed revenue goals through solicitation, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication. Sales manager to average forty percent of their time on outside sales calls.
- Captures competitor’s accounts through networking, research and Hotelligence reports.
- Acquires referrals from existing accounts
- Review occupancy reports daily
- Maintain accounts, contact, activity and business details within the appropriate software applications
- Establish parameters, quotes and negotiate prices, draft contracts
- Participate in tradeshows, conventions and promotional events within the hotel and trade related organizations
- Work closely with hotel staff to ensure all details of the contract were delivered and guests depart satisfied
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports, as required by DOS
- Prepare account performance reports quarterly and annually, conduct semi-annual account review meetings with account representatives.
- Maintain in-depth files on all accounts
- Understand transient sales strategies, strengths and weaknesses of comp set
- Participate in weekly sell strategy meetings, and other departmental meetings as required
- Develop and maintain knowledge of market trends, competition and customers.
- Develops strong customer relationships through frequent communication
- Achieves activity goals as established by management and completes all reports and assignments in an accurate and timely manner.
Qualified candidates must meet the following criteria:
- 3-5 years of successful hotel sales experience & proven ability to close business
- Strong knowledge of Marriott & IHG brand systems
- Must have solid sales background in the corporate segment
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Must possess strong customer service and problem solving skills
- Exceptional detail in follow-up
- Strong computer skills; Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, Outlook
- Experience on the following systems preferred: Delphi, Opera, MARSHA, Hotelligence, Hoovers
- Willing to travel to the hotels on a weekly basis
Applicant must be legally authorized to work in the United States to apply. Ocean Properties Hotels Resorts and its Affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers. They do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.