Catering Sales Manager
Sheraton Portsmouth in Portsmouth NH | Full-time, Management | 50000 | Posted 9/20/2019
This position is responsible for qualifying, booking and detailing events to include day meetings, corporate and social events, to include weddings. The Catering Sales Manager will also manage events as turned over from the sales department.
The Catering Sales Manager acts as the liaison between the group contact and the hotel operations team to ensure a smooth and successful event for the client. You will be responsible for maintaining room blocks, catering details, audio visual and setup requirements. The ideal candidate will have a professional demeanor, superb organization skills, experience in customer service and hotel sales and catering.
Responsibilities & Daily Activities to Include:
- Respond and qualify all phone inquiries, electronic leads and walk-ins by end of business day.
- Contract and detail all events including corporate meetings, day meetings, holiday parties, weddings and small social events.
- Create contracts for approval and other related booking and planning documentation i.e. event orders and event checks.
- Manage and maintain account files.
- Demonstrate negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate terms of contract.
- Build and strengthen relationships with existing as well as new customers and vendors.
- Understand the overall market through analysis – competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand, etc. and strategize to sell against them.
- Soliciting of previous groups as well as new target accounts as set for by Director of Catering.
- Assist with wedding Grand Tastings and other hotel events as needed.
- Professional Demeanor
- 3-5 years’ Experience in Catering and Wedding Sales in a High Volume Hotel Setting
- Extremely Detail Oriented and Organized
- Clear, Concise Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Strong Customer Service Orientation and Skills
- Exceptional Detail in Follow Through
- Ability to Multi- Task, Prioritize and Superb Time Management Skills
- Ability to Maintain Calm Demeanor in High Volume Environment
- Strong Computer Skills Including Microsoft Office
- CI/TY Experience Beneficial
- Evenings and weekends are required.
Applicant must be legally authorized to work in the United States to apply. Ocean Properties Hotels Resorts and its Affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers. They do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.